Lets Talk Design: We Are Looking for Podcast Guests!

We want to start a segment where designers come onto out Cardboard Architects Podcast and talk to us about their designs. It doesn’t matter where in the process you are, we want to talk to you about the game, your process and whatever else we get to in the conversation. Your game does not have to be a board or card game either. Joe and I believe that the rules, tips and tricks we apply to board game design can also be applied to digital design and design in general.

If you are interested, hit me up on twitter/facebook/email and we can talk about where you are in the process, what you want to talk about and if it sounds like it would work out, figure out the timing and logistics.

****Update****: We are open for business on the guest front! The way we are going to handle it is to leave a block open on Sundays between 9am and 1230pm pacific time. As far as dates, I am going to leave it up to you. If the date is open, it is yours. Pick a time in the slot and just as a reminder, however you can record your side of the interview as an mp3 files, we are good to go. We like to use audacity but however you want to do it on your side, just as an mp3, that works for editing everything together. Cheers!

Find us on Twitter (Follow Us!) and Facebook (Like Us!)

If you have any comments or questions, leave a comment here or email Chris at c.renshall.tgik.games@gmail.com

If you have made it this far, would you like to go a little farther? We have a regular Google hangout with other designers. We talk about the games we are working on and share helpful tips and ideas on how to make designing our game easier. We meetup every other Saturday. Either comment here or tweet me or email me and I will add you to the list and send you a link to the Google hangout.

Tagged with: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Posted in Podcast
11 comments on “Lets Talk Design: We Are Looking for Podcast Guests!
  1. Scott Duncan says:

Bringing in a variety of people and ideas sounds like a great addition to what you and Joe offer.

• tgikgamescr says:

Thanks Scott. I know we would like to get you on the show at some point to talk about your game. We talked about it briefly in episode 7 I think? But we are both looking forward to it and even though we have talked about it on our saturday hangouts, we would like to share with the pod-ience…..if you were interested of course.

2. Sounds interesting. Emailing you now.

3. Rob Huber says:

Hello there,
    You mentioned interest in speaking to designers, we at Rattlebox Games are a quartet of designers out of Chicago. Our first game, Cromlech, is on Kickstarter as we speak. Or as I type, you get it.
    We have five other games in Prototype.
    Broadly speaking, we are two designers and two artists. (Though our artists are designers too.) We are three men and a woman. Who met in a weekly game group.
    Cromlech is a card drafting, dice rolling game in which Druids do battle using the elemental power of stone circles.
    We are quite pleased with the game play and mechanics.
    We’d be happy to mail you a review copy or we have a PnP online, and some of us are available to talk almost anytime.

Best,
    Rob.

• tgikgamescr says:

Hi Rob, thank you for your interest. We would love to have you on the show. Unfortunately they next open recording date we have is the first Sunday in January. I have some details I would like to send via email once I get to my office. Could you please email me or leave your email here in the comments and I will email you the logistics in for for doing the podcast. Thanks again and I look forward to talking you and your design crew

4. Hi there!
    I’M a board game designer (will be published this year). I will be glad to be on the show and talk design!
    You can find me on twitter or bgg by my name 🙂
    Great podcasts!

5. Scott Hansen says:

Hi guys! I’m Scott Hansen of S.P.Hansen Games and I’ve got a few irons in the fire right now. I just finished fulfillment of Posse: Wild West Justice a few weeks ago, and am preparing to Kickstart my next game Mahola on January 26th. Also. I have the a printed prototype of the next game, Vaudeville on the way and am in the early stages of designing Subway: Race to the Bronx. I have been a professional video game designer for two decades and am applying this experience to board games. Would love to share with you and your audience. Thanks!

• tgikgamescr says:

We would love to have you on the show. Joe and I draw a lot of inspiration from video games for our designs too. He also plays a lot of video games while I watch a lot of video games. Unfortunately we don’t have any spots open until April for guests. That won’t do your Jan KS any good, but we would love to get you on to talk about yoru other projects. If you are still interested, can you email me at c.renshall.tgik.games@gmail.com and I will get you the particulars about being on the show. Thanks for your interest and looking forward to speaking with you.

6. cewargames says:

Hey guys if you’re still looking for guests I’d be glad to come on the show sometime. Byron from Collins Epic Wargames.

• tgikgamescr says:

Would love to have you on the show, we are currently in a booking freeze as Joe is in the middle of moving and finding a new place to live with reliable internet. That all is happening at the end of the month. At that point I will be reaching out to people to book interview spots.